Monday 20 October 2008

A small clarification

It was brought to my attention by myself that I mentioned in the previous blog entry that The Jesus Files had an influence on many, many childrens TV shows. It did but it was an unknown influence even by those who made the programmes. You see The jesus files have never been shown anywhere in the world at any time. Well it had a brief run in the 1962 at 3 am in the morning on the main TV station on the Pitcairn Islands. As no one had a TV this didn't do the show any favours.

The Jesus Files holds a fond place in my heart now. The shows none PC attitude towards telling the gospel is outstanding. Yes the frank nature of the show may be shocking or indeed "insulting and not fit for viewing" but there is something about that I find enlightning and feel the show to be from a more enlightend time. William Booth would have liked the show I am sure of it. And ofcourse we all know Jesus loved to laugh.

You see John 11 verse 35 tells us Jesus Wept. The man was very much human and what is more human then too laugh. When I am finally promoted to glory my first question will not be the meaing of life or why there was a sequal made to Daddy Day Care. No my question is simply this - did you like The Jesus Files. And I have a feeling he'll say yes.

No comments: